Café Brunch at Home Recipe Series – Post 1/5
This is my first post in a series of five where I bring to you some of my favourite café dishes that can quite easily be replicated at home. I am a café addict at heart, breakfasts and brunches in particular but when the money is tight or my want to stay in PJ’s all day is high, then I love to make my faves right here at home in my own kitchen. In all my recipes I’ve kept the easiness factor in mind as well as the health factor. All ingredients used are natural and unprocessed where possible.
First up in the series is a delicious homemade muesli. This is an awesome recipe as it can really be altered and adjusted to suit your tastes, add different ingredients, take some out, it’s up to you. I’ve included my ideal ingredients below. The quantity is a rough estimation as when I’m creating this dish, it’s all poured free hand to my desired consistency and taste.
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Dates
- 1/4 Cup Sultanas
- 1/4 Cup Black Chia Seeds
- 1/2 Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 Chopped Walnuts
- 1/4 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Pepitas
- 1/4 Cup Coconut
- 1/4 Cup Flaked Almonds
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- Almond Milk
- Seasonal Fruit
- Place dates into Thermomix (TM) and chop on speed 8 for 10 sec (Alternatively use stick blender or food processor until desired consistency is reached).
- Place pecans and walnuts into TM and chop on speed 8 for 5 seconds.
- Pour all ingredients into large mixing bowl and mix until combined.
- Serve topped with fresh seasonal fruits and pour over your choice of milk/yoghurt.
Voila! It’s as easy as that. Now try charging $12 for it and see how these café’s make a mint!
- Mixture can quite easily be spread over a tray and placed in the oven for a short time to create a toasted muesli version.
- This recipe is sugar-free (besides the sugars naturally found in these products).
- For a gluten-free alternative, you can just remove the oats.
- For cinnamon lovers, just add 2 teaspoons to the mixture.
Next up in my series is the Smashed Avocado… stay tuned!